Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Punchlist

I now know why the tasks for getting a home ready for sale or occupation are called a punchlist...because the list makes you want to (junk?) punch someone. (Yes. I just wrote that out loud.) Or, at minimum, it makes me think of this Saturday Night Live clip of Andy Samberg punching people.


I don't know if it's my perception or reality...although a philosopher would ask what the difference was...but each home sale and move is more work than the one before. YUCK! If ever a case could be made for downsizing, the following list is it. And keep in mind...we travel light! When we moved to Texas from Virginia, I sold almost everything that wasn't nailed down. Literally. And...pat myself on the back...a lot of it for more than I bought it for! See the beginning of an avalanche below. 
Home Repair / Cleaning   
 1Refinish front door3  
 1Paint - General Walls3  
 1Paint - Doors and Trim4 Note:  Probably best to outsource
9 2Paint - Garage Floor3  
10  2Restain exterior fence8  
11  1Carpet CleaningOutsource Note:  Mack's carpet is a disaster and has multiple stains
12 ????Replace Carpet in MSTBDOutsource  
13  2Clean grout??  
14  1Clean all exterior windows??  
15  1Touch up / stain kitchen cabinets??  
16  1Replace tiolets seats2  
17  2???Replace Sink ???   
18       
19  1Deep cleanOutsource  
20       
21   Landscaping   
22  1     Lawn4 Initial clean up; consider a service mowing or at least treatment
23 1    Front yard????  
24  1    MulchOutsource  
25  ????   ??? New Items??????? Budget for plants, etc.
26      
27   House Staging   
28  1Setup new shelfs3  
29  1Buy boxes or packing material for garage2  
30  1Donate Clothes - Round 14  
31  1Throw Away Junk - Round 26  
32  2Pack clothes and boxes8  
33  2Organize garage12  


3 comments:

  1. I feel like sticking my fingers in my ears and saying I can't hear you, because of course then it won't really be happening. Do you know where you are landing yet or just preparing to take off?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT??? Are you coming back??? Please say yes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, I love you, but not likely moving back east. Ever. Sorry.
    Rene, most likely we'll land a mile to the south of you.

    ReplyDelete